Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Order

Order will bring harmony to your life, and lead you to perserverance. Order will give peace to your heart, and weight to your behavior.

...

You are untiring in your activity. But you fail to put order into it, so you do not have as much effect as you should. It reminds me of something I heard once from a very authoritative source. I happened to praise a subordinate in front of his superior. I said, 'How hard he works!' 'You ought to say', I was told, 'How much he rushes around!'

Josemaria Escriva


I've been spending more time than I probably should lately on getting organized, on getting everything in order. Still, it does give me a delightful (and only slightly illusory) feeling of productiveness to finish things from my to-do list or to finally know where all my notes for Class X are...

(Hat tip to David Allen, inventor of one of the many organizational systems I've been Googling when I ought to be working. It's bordering on what 43 Folders calls "productivity pr0n"...)

No comments:

Post a Comment