Monday, April 4, 2005

New wheels and a new pet

I was right in the middle of procrastinating tonight when I got a phone call. Adam bought the new car he's been contemplating, and he was on his way up to my place -- a 20- or 30-minute drive -- to take me out for a ride! I felt like I ought to be wearing a poodle skirt and doing my nails, but in a good way.

I managed to get a lot done while he commuted up here -- my exercises and changing clothes and getting my school bag ready for tomorrow -- and so I was ready for some fun when he showed up. We went for a short drive, and he stopped by my apartment for a snack because he hadn't eaten dinner before going to the Mazda dealership, and now he is on his way home again -- and it's still about 20 minutes earlier than I've been getting to bed lately.

Hooray!






Also a new pet. If it's good enough for the M-mv's, it's good enough for me!


my pet!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, there! I just found your blog and had a lovely time getting caught up, getting to know you here.

    I don't know how long you've been in Maryland, but I had to smile at some of these posts. Yes, I understand- the smell and the loneliness. It can feel quite foreign. If it helps, though, spring is truly beautiful here- it gets stunningly green and smells great for a while!

    If you're ever down toward the southern end, let me know. Perhaps we could meet at one of the museums or beaches and enjoy visiting with someone else who's "not from here". :-)

    Good luck with school and all that entails!
    Dy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know my car got a shout out (and a picture). I really like your pet!!!

    ReplyDelete