Tuesday, April 26, 2005

New (to me) blogs

Amira recently highlighted some new blogs that have caught her eye. I especially like the first two on her list:

By Study and Also By Faith is an intimidatingly thoughful, but very pleasant, place to stop by.

Knot in the String is about family, church (LDS), and daily life. Also quite nice.

...

I spent 12 hours at school today. I am tired, but proud. Early this morning, I had a two-hour meeting with my advisor (who is indeed back from Australia), and I'm really starting to feel like I'm a Big Grownup Mathematician. I spent a couple of hours in the afternoon helping students, which was especially encouraging because I'd just heard that the students in my other class have a rather vicious opinion of me. And the last two hours or so weren't work at all; we had a department pizza party and awards ceremony. A few of my good friends got awards they very much deserved, so I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. You're slipping, my friend. I'd have thought you'd have them too terrified to express a nasty opinion of you ...

    Unless you were silly enough to sacrifice one of them in view of the others ...

    ReplyDelete