Wednesday, March 30, 2005

This is for Adam

I'm re-reading the fifth Harry Potter book, and I thought you might appreciate this:


'Harry, you're worse than Ron ... well, no, you're not,' she sighed, as Ron himself came stumping into the Hall splattered with mud and looking grumpy. 'Look -- you upset Cho when you said you were going to meet me, so she tried to make you jealous. It was her way of trying to find out how much you liked her.'

'Is that what she was doing?' said Harry, as Ron dropped on to the bench opposite them and pulled every dish within reach towards him. 'Well, wouldn't it have been easier if she'd just asked me whether I liked her better than you?'

'Girls don't often ask questions like that,' said Hermione.

'Well, they should!' said Harry forcefully. 'Then I could've just told her I fancy her, and she wouldn't have had to get herself all worked up again about Cedric dying!'





I was going to finish up this post with a photo of the extremely cute Easter Bilby Adam brought me from Adelaide, but Flickr doesn't love me anymore. Sigh. To get the general idea, just imagine a grey Easter bunny with a very pointy nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment