Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I exist!

A man said to the Universe, "Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the Universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

-- Stephen Crane


Narcissism of the Day:

About a week ago, I sent a friend on a wild goose chase, trying to find this blog.* He found it after less than a day of searching, and left a comment to demonstrate his success. I'd thought I was writing more obscurely than that...

Now I've had my first evidence of a "real" visitor -- someone I didn't send here. The talented Amira stopped by and said hello. I can't seem to rewrite this paragraph in any way that doesn't sound like overblown flattery, but seriously, I'm very flattered that someone as thoughtful and interesting as Amira sees this place with such generous optimism.**

Thanks!


* The more I read the word "blog," the uglier it looks and sounds, but I really can't think of a synonym I like better. At least it's efficient, being so short.

** The links in this sentence were selected more or less at random. But they are thoughtful, interesting, and Amira!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. It's nice to think that someone thinks I'm a little interesting. I don't think I've convinced any of my real-life friends of that.

    ReplyDelete