Sunday, March 6, 2005

Memes and melancholy

First, another silly meme, to push the forthcoming whining down the page a bit:



bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C /

Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.



I just took Adam to the airport -- he's flying to Australia for two and half weeks for work. The night he comes back, I'm leaving to go home for Easter -- we're hoping his plane is on time, so that we can meet up for a few minutes in the airport. So it will be 3 weeks until we really get to spend time together again.

I'm sadder and more scared than I expected to be. I mean, we spent most of last school year apart, and this is a short separation by last year's standards. I feel guilty that we've spent some time fighting in the last week or two -- we've both been sad and nervous and so we've been sensitive. We even fought a little in the airport because I got so mad when the check-in people sent us to the back of the line because of their mistake.

It's definitely harder to be alone in Maryland, without Adam or my parents, than to be alone in Lincoln, where my parents are really still close by. I do have friends here, of course; most of the ones I do things with socially are people I know through Adam, but they are my friends too. Other-Adam and Anna and Sreeja are meeting me for lunch before I go to the airport to go to England next Saturday. But I planned this week for work and packing -- the work I've been putting off because Adam was leaving so soon, and packing for my own trip -- and so it's not likely to be the whirl of gaiety we've been having the last few weeks, with lots of friends getting together. And the next three weekends I'll be out of town!

I'm really really lonely, but I should probably stop thinking about it. It's a beautiful day out -- I think I'll go for a walk.

Take good care of yourself, Adam. Come back to me soon, safe and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment