Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Parking and Waiting

Today it was finally time to try again at the parking office. After the collossal, confusing screw-up this summer, I was bracing myself to try to avoid a fight. It all went amazingly smoothly, though. The office lady was almost even nice. I'll be parking in the satellite lot, but that's better than no lot, and I can park on campus until they tear up the on-campus lot in a week.

And, really, how can I possibly complain?

Today will be a hot and sunny, but peaceful, day of waiting. Boyfriend is entering my graduate department this fall, and he's taking our early qualifying exam for the first time today. It's an all-day stretch of math exam, and I'm waiting for him in my office until whenever he's done. I took it twice, and it was a lot like the Putnam exam (for the all-but-two of you out there who don't know what that is, it's an all-day math contest in the form of an exam), except even longer than the Putnam, with a shorter break. The questions are easier than Putnam questions; still, you leave, not because you are finished, but because you know when you're beat.

Boyfriend is understandably anxious about the exam, and about finishing up the last week he'll have in his office for many months. But really, all is very well with us. For too many faraway friends in the blogosphere, all is not well. Our thoughts and hopes and prayers are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment