Monday, August 22, 2005

Grateful

My latest excuse for Why It's Been So Quiet Here...

A joyful, but very busy, combination of Having Fun and Thinking Deeply.

Some parts of the last few days have been very rocky, and yet it was the most relaxing weekend I've had in a long time.

This weekend was my birthday, so there were the requisite celebrations with Boyfriend. My parents are at a tennis tournament, and my mom wanted help figuring out where a player was from. (For the curious: SCG stands for Serbia and Montenegro. The "CG" is from the Croat words for "Black Mountain," which is what Montenegro means, and the S is for Serbia (which isn't spelled that way there...))

Boyfriend got me computer games! So I've been deeply involved in Worms and Age of Empires during my computer time.

I've also spent a lot of time thinking deeply, and having deep talks with Boyfriend, about issues in our relationship. I wanted to blog about them, except that I don't want the tiniest probability that someone who knows us will read them... Oh well.

Things I am grateful for today:
  • That I've identified some of the things that were hanging ominously, but mysteriously, over my head
  • That it looks like those things are going to be OK now -- it will take time and work, but the doomed feeling is gone.
  • That I have happy distracting computer games, and new BOOKS! and new SCHOOL SUPPLIES!
  • That I had a little money languishing in my PayPal account, so I didn't have to think for a second about whether I could afford to support a Good Cause. (With the link, I feel like I'm tooting my own horn; but the embarassment is worth it for a Good Cause. Check that out yourself. Of course, as the page warns, do your research before just sending money away across the web...)
  • That I made waffles and syrup just like my dad makes, and they came out just right
  • That I finally got rid of some of my apartment's baggage -- expired food and empty detergent bottles and boxes
  • The weather on my birthday was very nice -- cloudy and misty, but cool for the first time in days
  • The weather outside my window right now is just right too -- sunny and beautiful, but hot enough that I'm not tempted to go outside instead of working on my paper!


Oh, right. Working on my paper. Better stop blogging and get on that...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're finding your path. :-)
    Dy

    ReplyDelete