Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tonight I am wondering...

... how natural selection (or even, if you prefer, intelligent design) could manage to produce a creature that would rather burn mixed CDs than, say, go to bed and get a decent night's sleep. Can I blame it on the caffeine?

The fact that I'm doing this, instead of getting my beauty rest, is even sillier than it may at first appear. I have many hours of audiobooks out from the library -- and I have an iPod! Why am I burning CDs at all?

At least after today I have some excuse for not hauling the iPod around. My car apparently got so hot sitting in the summer sun today that the entire top blew off an unopened can of soda I left in my cupholder. It's rather unnerving to come back to your car and find a partly shredded pop-can top on the passenger seat, and nothing else obviously out of place...

No comments:

Post a Comment