Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Gas-card blues

Just back from vacation at home. Someone jimmied my car, threw everything around inside, and stole the credit card I use for gas.

Now, I'm lucky in many ways:
  • I have a credit card specifically for gas -- and my parents take care of it. This means that
    • I don't have to pay for gas, and
    • I don't have to take care of reporting the credit card stolen, since I'm not the actual cardholder.
  • The car was parked at Boyfriend's house, and another friend was with us when we got back, so
    • I had lots of moral support, and
    • I didn't have to call the police (because Boyfriend took care of it, not because Boyfriend lives in a shack where there are no police patrolling...)
  • Although my car is a mess, because I have lots of junk in there and ALL of it was thrown around, it seems that nothing was stolen except the credit card. This is lucky because
    • nothing's gone, and
    • I'm not really sure how I'd figure out exactly what was gone anyway...


So, yeah. I'm annoyed that someone touched my stuff, especially since they had to break into my car to do it, but basically I'm pretty lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! In Columbia!?!? It seemed like such a nice neighborhood ...

    ReplyDelete