Sunday, May 1, 2005

Settlers of Catan online!

The Java-based version of Settlers of Catan I mentioned is at http://catan.jsettlers.com/ . It's free. You can register a username, but you don't have to; it also works if you just type in a nickname with no password (as long as nobody else is using that nickname at the time).

It's kind of slow to load, but once it loaded I didn't have any trouble with delays. Once everyone you want to play with is "sitting" at the "table," you can start the game and the empty seats will be filled in with bots -- little bits of AI for you and your friends to gang up on. :) The bots are especially nice to have around when it's time to move the robber -- you never have to steal from your friends again...

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blog post regarding the Settlers of Catan and wanted to drop you a note telling you how much I enjoyed the information that you have posted there. I have a web site about the Settlers of Catan so I know what I'm talking about when I say your blog is excellent! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet!

    ReplyDelete