Saturday, October 1, 2005

Restful Saturday

The tree outside my window, this time last year

It is awfully nice to have a whole day, every now and then, when I don't have to leave the house. I slept in a little, had breakfast and a (very short) walk in the morning sunshine, and since the late morning I've been implementing my plan for today: Be Appallingly Domestic.

I've done the dishes and started laundry; when the laundry's done I'm going to vacuum (my apartment is desperately in need of a vacuuming). I made a reasonably decorative foil-and-cardboard thingy to sit under my dining-table candles, which WILL keep dripping wax no matter how many times I scold them. I'm going to make bread, and also either cookies or oatmeal bannocks. And I'm going to wash my sheets, and I'm going to spend some time outside soaking in the GORGEOUS fall day. (Probably I'll have to take some homework with me for that last one. Silly homework.)

Even my lunch is both healthy and tasty (the "healthy" was NOT in the plan, but it's nice that it worked out that way...) Hot mulled cranberry juice, fresh coleslaw with ranch dressing, and shredded wheat with melted cheese, salt and pepper, and just a touch of honey. Kind of weird, but also delicious. Also nearly gone, so I had better start peeling myself off the computer before it totally sucks away this rare fit of work-ethic....

No comments:

Post a Comment