Sunday, October 2, 2005

Daily stuff of the day for Sunday

Today's question:

2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?

Er. Um.

...

So, after putting this one on the back burner for half an hour, I still don't have an answer. Frankly, it seems kind of presumptuous to me -- it smacks of giving God a deadline. Which can be useful from time to time, I think, when it's very important to get a sign or guidance; but it's not a "bargaining chip" I want to use lightly in prayer.

Quite honestly, what I've been praying for a lot lately is something like submission -- the ability to take what the universe throws at me and use it gratefully. I'm pretty sure I'll be praying for more of this quality all year, and possibly it's humanly impossible. So can that be my answer? It seems kind of smarmy, but still.


Today I am thankful for: Boyfriend's ability and willingness to watch my back, and arrange things in a way that takes good care of me. I have always appreciated this quality in him, and he's getting better and better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment